Congratulations to 74 GSoC and Outreachy participants for mid-2021!

Today was an exciting day as both Google Summer of Code and Outreachy announced participants in both of their programs for the coming mid-year months. As in prior years, many communities that are part of the OSC family are participating in both programs once again. We are very happy to say that 74 applicants were accepted to participate in paid projects across these open source communities! Read on to learn more about each program, as well the accepted projects that will be done over the next several months.

Google Summer of Code

GSoC is a Google-sponsored annual program for post-secondary students and recent graduates that allows them to recieve a paid stipend to work on open source software development projects each summer. This year, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, projects are approximately 175 hours in duration spread throughout the 10 week mid-year term. This year, OSC-affiliated projects that are participating in GSoC are pleased to announce the following participants:

DIAL Solutions Catalog

LibreHealth

Mifos/Apache Fineract

Public Lab

ODK-X

Ona - Android FHIR SDK

OpenEvent

OpenMRS

Oppia Foundation

Pocket Science Lab

Tor Project

Outreachy

Outreachy is a diversity initiative that provides paid, remote internships to people subject to systemic bias and impacted by underrepresentation in the technical industry where they are living. Outreachy provides 3-month internships to work on open source software projects on both coding and non-coding projects, e.g, marketing, documentation, testing, etc. OSC-affiliated projects that are participating in Outreachy during this mid-year term are pleased to accept the following internships:

moja global

ODK-X

Oppia

Public Lab

Tor Project

Ushahidi

2 Likes

Congratulations to all!

I look forward to all 74 of you astonishing us! HFLOSS projects are the best – it’s where I got my foot in the door with Open Source, and have loved working with HFLOSS projects ever since. These projects help to make the world better, you do it because the challenge is fun and you want to leave the world a better place than it was before you got here.

3 Likes