NOTE: This ideas list is under development and will likely be changed up through the official announcement of GSoC projects. Please also visit the Google Summer of Code @ Open Source Center page for other sub-org information and details.
For all projects, we recommend the following steps to get started:
- Set up the Platform dev-environment (instructions are here: Setup Guides - Platform Developer Documentation, most of us use the Vagrant setup)
- Play around with the platform, login, change settings, add posts and surveys. There is a user-manual to be found here: Ushahidi Platform User Manual - Ushahidi Platform User Manual
Potential mentors for all project ideas on this page are available to answer your questions! Connect with us on Chat with general questions, or contact any of the Ushahidi Mentorship Team (subject to change!):
Improve performance in the Ushahidi Platform Client
- Is there a way to split up the bundle and only import what is needed for each view or usecase. For example, can the code for the settings-view and analysis-view be separated?
- Do we have any unused dependencies? Remove them
- Some of our dependencies are really heavy, can we find replacements that is lighter?
Difficulty level: Intermediate to difficult