Continuing the discussion from Webinar: Open Source licenses AMA:
Our friends over at Tidelift are sponsoring another AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) session about open source licenses, featuring three experts:
- Luis Villa has been involved with the writing of several FLOSS licenses;
- Josh Simmons is the current board president of the Open Source Initiative; and
- McCoy Smith, an lawyer with several decades of experience and focusing on open source tech law.
You might enjoy this session if:
- You attended our last webinar and didn’t get an answer to your questions
- You are interested in learning more about the Open Source Initiative and how it works
- You’ve googled any of the following: “copyleft licenses,” “open source license compliance,” “how to choose an open source license,” “what is the difference between MIT or GPL or Mozilla license?”
- Your organization has ever faced legal consequences because you’re using a package with a non-compliant license
- You need help figuring out which licenses your organization should allow
- You use open source software at all—you really should understand the basics of the licensing side of things.
Register now at the Tidelift website for this free-of-charge event.