Primero: User Customisation Project

Hi! I am Nidhi Kumari. I’ll be working with Primero on the Primero User Customisation Project. I am so excited to start working on this project. Thanks to my mentors @ian @jpanchalingam @rmactavish for selecting me and for helping me :slight_smile:

I’ll be using this thread to share my blog posts and journey throughout the Google Summer Of Code programme :grin:

2 Likes

Hi! Talking about the blog post. This is the blog that I wrote about the community bonding period at Primero. My interactions with the mentors and about the discussions we had to work on the project together.

https://medium.com/@menidhikjha/primero-community-bonding-period-326a441ca56f

Do Give it a read. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This week, I worked with my mentors to design the workflow. I learnt a lot about web accessibility and how we are going to add it to our project. This week’s blog is about the basics of accessibility and why is it important. It has got some really life examples, stats and my current work

https://medium.com/@menidhikjha/part-1-understanding-accessibility-998fe534ef2a

My bogs about accessibility will be in a series where I will be including examples from my project. So, this series will be really informative for everyone who wants to start with accessibility. Hope you all like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coding Period: Week 1

This week was very exciting. I submitted my first pull request and got it approved and merged :grin: We have also finished our backlog document. This week’s blog is about the tools that we used to test our app in production mode (on the deployed website) . This is the link of the blog

1 Like

Coding Period: Week 2

This week I started working with React components. Finished working on some of the backlogs and finished the tasks for first sprint. This is the blog post for this week.

2 Likes

Coding Period: Week 3

This week I worked with react and redux and finally wrote the tests. My main challenge was writing the tests as it was the first time I was working with it. So, here is my blog:

1 Like

Coding Period: Week 4

This week I worked mainly on two of the issues. Fixed the bug on the client side and my mentor helped me to fix it on server side as well. I also, wrote tests. I also learnt how to test using screen readers and thus made changes in the app acccording to that. This is my blog post for the customisation that I have learnt

1 Like

Week 5: This week I figured out some new issues, worked on 2 issues and discussed them with my mentors. The best learning of the week was that I got to learn about MUI Datatables. This is the blog post for the week

1 Like

Week 6: This week I finished working on the accessibility issues of Primero V2 Prroject and planned the next sprint with my mentors. Do checkout this blog, it’s about my experience with Primero V2 till now

1 Like

Week 7: This week I started working on android issues. I used testing toold to test the android app. Created the report and then worked on server report with my mentor. Thi is the blog about the android accessibility testing and the tools that we used:

1 Like

Week 8: I started working on android this week. A completely new task for me. But my mentor helped me to learn it quickly. This is my take on the layout in android.

Apologies for posting it late.

Week 9: I finished working on android issues and started with the pa11y server. This blog is about the the things I learnt while working on android. Do give it a read :slight_smile: