PSLab: Circuitpython busio compatibility layer for pslab-python

PSLab: Circuitpython busio compatibility layer for pslab-python

About Me

I am NAVEEN S R, a third year student pursuing B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, from
INDIA. This is my first project with GSoC.

About My Project

The PSLab project has many instruments and supports some external sensors, but there are many sensors which are supported by pslab board yet to be implemented.
My project is to add busio compatibility layer for pslab-python to make use of large repository of sensor drivers maintained by Adafruit.

My Time Zone

Indian Standard Time (UTC +5:30)

Getting in Touch

[Community Bonding Period] Week 1:

Firstly, I would like to thank my mentor Alexander Bessman, @mb1, Madhushanka Padmal for selecting me, Really glad to get this opportunity!

This week (or in the last 3 days), started with @mb1 welcoming us to the community. He congratulated all the selected students. Then Madhushanka Padmal guided us about what we have to do next.

Then I studied about the implementation of I2C in both circutepython’s busio and pslab-frimware. Then I had discussion with Alexander Bessman about the best way to implement this in our project. Learned in depth about I2C protocols.

I will study about other serial communication protocols in upcomming days.

I have also participated in the community’s weekly meeting, where everyone in the community gets a chance to chat and report their accomplishments of the week.

Looking forward to learn and grow with the community.

1 Like

[Community Bonding Period] Week 2:

This week, I learned in depth about SPI and I2C(SMBus, PMBus, etc.,) and how it is implemented in circutepython and pslab-frimware.

I cleared my doubts regarding pslab skematics and frimware with help of my mentors and reported some bugs in firmware. I also made a UML class diagram for my future implementation of pslab.bus.I2C and pslab.bus.SPI.

I will study about UART serial communication protocols in upcomming days.

I have also participated in the community’s weekly meeting, where I came to know about other cool projects our fossasia-pslab team working in.

1 Like