PublicLab: Mapknitter Export Module and Spectral Workbench upgrades

Hi guys, I’m Alax from Brazil.

I got accepted to work once again (yes, this is my second GSOC) with the PublicLab folks, my plan is keeping up the good from last year. Last year a lot was achieved in the PL organization, I intend to do even better this year.

Those few days that passed since GSOC results have been filled with work already. I’m very happy to have the chance to work with the PublicLab team once again. I have high expectations on this project since it has been going so nice already so far. This week I have done some planning by opening issues at the Spectral Workbench repository. Since my mentors and I have already established a communication channel (Gitter), I got to get practical these last couple of days and already did some coding. I have been preparing myself for this project for a long time, so I got to previously make several contributions that would make my job easier or at least less painful.

Below I’ll list some useful links regarding my work, and future plans:

• Report of my work accomplished last year
  • What I want to accomplish this year

What I have already done this past month:

• Updated Mapknitter’s Rails 6 pull request
  • Opened several initial issues at Spectral Workbench
  • Upgraded Ruby, Node and Rails version at Spectral Workbench (under review)
  • Upgraded Travis CI and Docker integration at Mapknitter-Exporter
  • Upgraded Travis CI and Docker integration at Mapknitter-Exporter-Sinatra
2 Likes

Community Bonding - Week 2

This week I got to do some planning and also chatting with the folks at PublicLab. I have talked to Ruturaj Mohite and we have succesfully included the SimpleCov test coverage tool in the Rails upgrade at the Spectral Workbench repository:

I have also participated in the community’s weekly bonding, where everyone in the community gets a chance to chat and report their accomplishments of the week:

I’m also awaiting review on some PRs, such as:

My plans on the upcoming week is to create a detailed Planning Issue, as my mentor @jywarren has requested, for both Spectral and Mapknitter Exporter projects.

2 Likes

Community Bonding - Week 3

This week I got to finish my planning issue and published it, I think it is very complete :partying_face:, but also very simple and with well defined tasks, it is all available at:

I have also opened a PR including the Codecov and Simplecov at the main Spectral Workbench branch, here:

This was a nice feature since it drives the PL org to a more standardized - thus friendly - ecosystem of projects. I got to collaborate with PL’s SysAdmin too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he’s given me a nice help at the PRs I was struggling with, which were:

He’s given me some feedback which I’m already going through.
My plans for the upcoming week is to work on the PRs mentioned above and start working on the test coverage upgrade for Spectral Workbench.

2 Likes