Weekly GSoC Standups for 2020-W21

This is the weekly standup for Week 21 of 2020. Each Monday, all of our @gsoc-students across all our sub-orgs should reply to this topic by copying and pasting the template below. This topic will remain open for replies through the end of Monday, so please remember to update each Monday in your local time zone. Thank you!

{Your Sub-Org: Your Project Name}

Mentor: (Please @-mention your project’s primary mentor here.)

:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week: (Briefly describe your efforts from the past week. You may also link to your weekly update description from last Friday.)

:black_square_button: Week Ahead: (Briefly describe your plans for the week ahead.)

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: (Do you have any issues blocking your progress on these or other items? if so, describe.)

Mentor: @hellais

:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week: Explored use of canvas within react and different ways to screenshot and then add stuff to that screenshot.

:black_square_button: Week Ahead: Take screen shots, render charts, all from the server. Possibly make it accessible via an API.

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: Not understanding how APIs work. How to set server side rendering in Next. Also my laziness and addiction to youtube/social media.

2 Likes

ODK-X: Migrate Database & Integrate Push Notifications

Mentor: @guptaharsh615

:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week:

• Completed reading Sync-Client Documentation and implemented some of its methods

:black_square_button: Week Ahead:

• Finalize the structure of Database
  • Discuss the doubts related to Sync-Client documentation with mentors

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: None

2 Likes

Tor Project: Snowflake Proxy on Android

Mentor: @cohosh

• Learning how to compile the WebRTC library from Google source.
  • Learning the broker API.
  • Implementing to test the WebRTC API into a test project.
  • Getting ICE candidates and forming the SDP on the client-side. (Answer)

• Learning how to format the SDP (Serialize) to send it to the broker and Deserialize the SDP offer from the broker to assign it to the local descriptor of peer connection.

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: NONE

1 Like

moja global: Interactive Visualization Tool for GCBM Output

Mentor: @koukas

• Improve the project plan.
  • Evaluate whether the Dash framework can be used in this project.
  • If Dash doesn’t work then evaluate other options else start coding!

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: None.

1 Like

ODK: New Widget Framework for Collect

Mentor: @seadowg

• Finished transferring the dialogs to Dialog Fragments.
  • Reworked the new framework for URL widget.

• Expanding the test coverage of the widgets, after proper discussion with my mentor.
  • Rework the new framework for Geo widgets.

2 Likes

moja global: Develop FLINT JSON User Interface

Mentor: @mfellows
:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week: The last week, I have worked on:

:black_square_button: Week Ahead: The current week I will be reading more about:

• The main features of ReactJS and ElectronJS
  • Connecting ReactJS with ElectronJS keeping the native NodeJS modules unaffected.
  • Working more on the UI mocks.

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: Some of my college end-semester exams are scheduled in the upcoming week, which may need my attention for 1-2 days.

2 Likes

Moja Global: Refactor FLINT Core Code Base ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mentor: @mfrancis

• Confirming the weekly and monthly schedule of deliverables for the upcoming coading period.
  • My previous week’s blog post can be found here

Majorly the past week was based on discussion with the mentor and finalise the things.

• Understanding and installing the code. (setup installation)
  • Review documentation and Small contribution towards the document.
  • To Learn and Explore more about the software Flint.

:stop_sign: Current Blockers: None!

2 Likes

moja global: FLINT agricultural soils module

Mentor: @jleitch

• Built and ran two example modules for FLINT.
  • Understood the working of the RothC soil module and the agricultural module that I will be working on.
  • Prepared a draft for the work flow for the coding period.

• Getting to know how the event interactions take place in FLINT.
  • Also, understanding what specific input the module needs and what is the expected output.

1 Like

HOT Tasking Manager: Automatized support for Organised Editing Guidelines

Mentor: @felix

• Finishing the work plan
  • Join tech team private slack channels
  • Keep working in the proof-of-concept service adding an update endpoint and some unit tests.

2 Likes

Tor Project: Cloudflare CAPTCHA Monitoring

Mentor: @Georg

:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week: I spent some of my time setting up the IRC “bouncer” infrastructure to receive IRC messages all the time. I started talking to the OONI people about my project. I also took a very long rescue flight to return home from my university location. Meanwhile, I had finals, and I’m done with my final exams, finally.

:black_square_button: Week Ahead: I plan to actually open the trac tickets to define individual tasks for my project. I planned to do it last week, but I couldn’t do it because of the last-minute developments in my life. I will also keep discussing the details of my project with the external researchers I mentioned.

1 Like

Mentor: @jywarren

• Participated in the community’s weekly bonding
  • Included SimpleCov in the Rails upgrade at the Spectral Workbench

• Finish my Planning Issue, both for Spectral Workbench and Mapknitter Exporter
  • Study more deeply the org intentions regarding the Mapknitter Exporter module

:stop_sign: Current Blockers:

I’m currently waiting on review of two PRs:

3 Likes

Public Lab: Spam Management Dashboard

Mentor: @jywarren

:ballot_box_with_check: Past Week: Past week I participated in community bonding and completed some of my tasks related to UI and bulk moderation. I also made a PR regarding this for review. I also took reviews for my planning issue which I created last week and made some changes.

:black_square_button: Week Ahead: I will write system tests and complete bulk moderation and start weekly digest

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.