Weekly Update Meeting 2020-W12

The OSC Weekly Update meeting for Week 12 of 2020 is scheduled for this Wednesday, 2020-03-25.

Who? Why? What?

All @osc-team members requested to attend this live real-time meeting, and the meeting is open to others who wish to listen for updates. A summary of the meeting will be posted to this topic after the meeting has completed.

What?

No later than the end of Tuesday AOE, every @osc-team member should reply to this post and provide:

• A short written update of their past week, and
  • Any topics they would like to add to the ongoing disucssion queue.

How? Where?

My weekly updates

• Sustainability: In the past week supported some final discussions and planning for DIAL fundraising meetings happening next week. Thanks to @harensen & @sfarooqi who have prepared the bulk of the material. Follow up sustainability meetings are in the works for ODK, OpenCRVS, Mojaloop.

• Membership programs: CG-04 review is underway in a private Discourse category. Emails will be going out to applicants this week with notice about the delayed annoncement timeline. Bitergia contract review is underway, they have sent some minor requests back to UNF legal which we should hear from at any point. Tentative meeting scheduled with Digital Square for this Friday to discuss COVID-19, content engagement plans and using the Hub for various things.

• Mentorship programs: Applicants are contacting our 8 projects funded and rostered for the mid-year Outreachy round. Grant amendment for Outreachy is signed and invoice is processing. GSoC timeline was extended due to COVID-19 and we have updated our documentation; students continue their application work.

• Misc.: I spent a few hours supporting a new grassroots fund and community for FOSS maintainers who are affected by cancellations and other economic decisions related to COVID-19. They have launched a website and Discourse forum over the last week, I found some volunteers to help with community management tasks. Will continue to work on getting more folks to provide written input into this topic each week so we can have a more productive weekly meeting. We have done a good job on #pgm:standups so I’m confident we will improve in these areas as well.

Meeting notes

Coming after the meeting